Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Balance
BALANCE - a state of equilibrium; to give several things equal amounts of importance; steadiness of mind under stress; the ability to hold multiple competing ideas or emotions at once (equanimity, poise, composure, harmony).
Crisis is chaotic and it is easy to feel battered around by extreme emotions. Balance is the reminder that life is always a mix of light and shadow. Our work is to hold competing ideas and emotions in healthy tension and seek internal equilibrium and measured responses.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of balance.
- What does it mean to be balanced during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied balance?
- How can balance guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are balanced. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Balance doesn’t mean giving equal weight to all emotions or ideas. It is about seeing the bigger picture, holding multiple perspectives, and honoring complex feelings without judgement. Balance is a freeing experience of inner calm, not a juggling act that adds more stress.
Balanced leaders are measured and calm. They can assess feedback from many sources and evaluate potential paths forward for their short- and long-term impact.
Describe two opposite emotions. Can both be true?
Use “balance” as a mantra while you work out, do dishes, or in the shower.
Journal about balance for three minutes each day.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts One and Two of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.