Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Boldness
BOLDNESS - lack of hesitation or fear in the face of risk or danger; the fact or quality of going beyond the limits of conventional thought or action; visionary or imaginative character (bravery, fearlessness, daring, audacity).
In crisis, it is easy to be afraid, to retreat from the world, or to feel paralyzed by feelings of worry, grief, and shame. Boldness is about looking in the face of fear and deciding to move forward with courage and inventiveness.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of boldness.
- What does it mean to be bold during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied boldness?
- How can boldness guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve and how does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are being bold. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Boldness can sometimes be mistaken for brashness, flamboyance, risk taking, recklessness, or carelessness. But bold people are actually prudent – they interrogate their fear and decide to move forward and emerge from hiding. They show determination and perseverance in the face of difficulty.
Bold leaders are inventive but remain grounded in reality. Despite the fears that accompany all crisis, they embody courage, steadiness, and the willingness to do what is necessary.
Describe the difference between risky and bold.
Use “bold” as a mantra while you workout, do dishes, in the shower.
Journal about boldness for three minutes each day.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.