Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Collaboration
COLLABORATION - the willingness to work together, particularly with a shared goal or an important purpose in mind; the desire to compromise as a way of seeking agreement. (cooperate, unite, give-and-take).
In crisis, we often want to assign blame. It is also easy to feel resistance to working with people who we perceive as a threat. Collaboration is about maintaining objectivity and looking for big picture solutions.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of collaboration.
- What does it mean to be collaborative during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied collaboration?
- How can collaboration guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are being collaborative. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Collaboration can be incredibly difficult, if we feel undermined, angry, or threatened. It requires us to replace “winning” with cooperative de-escalation and to let go of things that are not essential.
Collaboration is not a sign of weakness but an ability to maintain long-term objectives by working with people rather than in a silo. It requires objectivity and the ability to understand different motives, needs, and fears to arrive at the best outcome with the least cost.
Write down and acknowledge your anger and feelings of blame.
Use “collaborative” as a mantra while you work out, do dishes, or in the shower.
Journal about collaboration for three minutes each day.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
Did Collaboration as a priority resonate with you?
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.