Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Connection
CONNECTION - the act of joining or being joined to something else, or the part or process that makes this possible; how things relate to one another (link, bridge, relationship).
Crisis is overwhelming, exhausting, and chaotic. It is common to feel isolated and to want to retreat or hide. Connection is an antidote to the loneliness of crisis. It reminds us to lean on relationships and to protect them.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of connection.
- What does it mean to be connected during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied connection?
- How can connection guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are connected. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Crisis tests our ability to “go it alone” and challenges the assumption that we can avoid feelings of loss if we hide them. Humans are social creatures and there is tremendous comfort from support. Prioritizing connection also means identifying ways to connect with our own values.
Leaders in crisis tend to shut themselves away with lawyers, outside advisors, and their immediate team. Prioritizing connection means being visible and vulnerable with employees, customers, and the public.
List all the people with whom you want to stay connected and ways to connect.
Use “connection” as a mantra while you work out, do dishes, or in the shower.
Do one small thing to reach out to someone today.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
Did Connection as a priority resonate with you?
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.