Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Humor
HUMOR - appreciating the humorous; the ability to be amused by something seen, heard, or thought about, sometimes causing you to smile or laugh, or the quality in something that causes such amusement (levity, absurdity, play, laughter).
In the darkness of crisis, it is easy to forget experiences of ease and let joy and laughter get buried by sorrow. Humor doesn’t make light of serious circumstances but helps us maintain perspective and capture moments of renewal.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of humor.
- What does humor mean during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you maintained a sense of humor?
- How can humor guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you maintain a sense of humor. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Even the most sorrowful experiences can prove absurd at times. Maintaining a sense of humor is about acknowledging the balance of shadow and light. It reminds us that laughter is good medicine and not to take ourselves too seriously.
Leaders who prioritize humor are able to laugh at their own mistakes. They allow themselves and others to take a break, recharge, and connect. They avoid robotic behavior, put crisis in perspective, and focus on people’s humanity.
Give yourself permission to laugh.
Use “humor” as a mantra while you work out, do the dishes, or in the shower.
Turn up loud music, watch your favorite comedy, dance in your kitchen.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts One and Two of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.