Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Openness
OPENNESS - willingness or readiness to receive, especially impressions or ideas; an attitude of accessibility, especially about one's actions or purposes; without concealment or secrecy (broad-minded, receptive, sincerity).
In crisis, it is common to feel closed-off, ashamed, or defensive. Openness is a quality of receptivity - to people, circumstances, and possibility. Openness asks us to face hardship with curiosity versus running away from it.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of openness.
- What does it mean to be open during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied openness?
- How can openness guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are being open. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Openness helps us relate to pain and fear differently. Rather than push suffering down or engage in self-destructive behavior, openness reminds us that there are often many possible solutions to our problems.
Good ideas come from many places and there are unexpected ways of solving problems. Openness reminds us to use nontraditional means of looking for solutions, and to maintain optionality and flexibility in decision-making.
Sit outside and open your senses to what you hear/see/smell in nature.
Use “openness” as a mantra while you work out, doing dishes, or in the shower.
Sit in a chair, feet on the floor. Breathe in openness, breathe out fear.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.