Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Relationships
RELATIONSHIPS - a state of connectedness between people, especially an emotional connection; mutual dealings between people or parties; relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption (family, friends, colleagues, connection).
Crisis doesn’t just happen to one person. It impacts an entire system – family, community, company. We prioritize relationships when we remember the impact crisis has on them and communicate, set aside time, and create safety.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Which relationships are you prioritizing? Why?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you prioritized relationships?
- How can certain relationships guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are prioritizing relationships. What does that feel/sound/look like?
People impacted by crisis need information and assurances. Identify who matters most to you. What reasonable information can you share with them? Ask about their needs and wellbeing. Explain what you need and describe your inner experience.
Leaders are easily consumed by crisis and often try to wall the experience off from their personal life. This doesn’t work. Protect your meaningful relationships by sharing reasonable information and describing your feelings, even if it involves turmoil.
List the relationships that matter most to you. How will you prioritize them?
Use “relationships*” as a mantra while you work out, in the shower, or doing dishes.
Write a list of information your key relationships need to have.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.