Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Security
SECURITY - safety, as well as the precautionary measures taken to be safe or protected; free from danger or injury, anxiety or fear, theft or sabotage; feelings of confidence and inner stability (protect, guard, shelter).
Crisis threatens tangible and intangible safety. Feelings of insecurity cause a “fight or flight” response and destabilize relationships. Security means cultivating inner wellbeing and focusing on protecting the safety and wellbeing of others.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of security.
- What does it mean to prioritize security during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you prioritized security?
- How can security guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve? How does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are prioritizing security. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Fear and panic are powerful emotions that can hijack our nervous system and decision-making. We must emphasize healthy activities like exercise, connected relationships, and mindfulness practices and monitor for self-destructive behaviors or harmful ways of avoiding pain.
Leaders recognize that people in crisis often behave irrationally out of fear. When leaders prioritize security, they share information (as appropriate), make sure they are visible and accessible to employees, customers, and partners, and use process to create structure and order.
Put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach. Take slow deep breaths.
Use “security” as a mantra while you work out, do dishes, or in the shower.
Make a list of things that help you feel safe.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.