Ravenyard Priorities Assessment - Self Awareness
SELF-AWARENESS - conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, personality, behavior, impact on others, and desires (perception, discernment, consciousness, introspection, soulfulness).
In crisis, people often revert to unconscious, negative patterns of behavior. Self-awareness is a way of exploring our values, habits, needs, and emotions to mitigate potentially self-destructive responses to stress.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Why is this your priority?
- What about this resonates with you?
- Describe qualities of self-awareness.
- What does it mean to be self-aware during crisis or times of hardship?
- When you look back on this time five years from now, how will you know you embodied self-awareness?
- How can self-awareness guide your decision-making?
- Who or what does this priority serve and how does it help?
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you are being self-aware. What does that feel/sound/look like?
Self-aware people feel a full range of emotions and translate their inner experience to the people around them. They examine their habits, question their reactions, and look at areas where they might be in denial.
Self-aware leaders acknowledge their own needs and fears in crisis and see the needs and fears of their team. They are able to tell the truth, to themselves and others, and take feedback in a measured way.
Write down how you are feeling each day when you wake up.
Use “aware” as a mantra while you workout, do the dishes, in the shower.
Sit silently for 15 minutes. Observe your thoughts & emotions.
Want to learn more?
Continue with Parts Two and Three of the Ravenyard Priorities Assessment
The Ravenyard Priorities Assessment is the property of Ravenyard Group, LLC and is provided for my personal non-commercial use only. I may not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or relatedly not copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Assessment or related materials without express permission from Ravenyard Group.
© 2022 Ravenyard Group, LLC. All rights reserved.